Island City, Mill
"Chapter VI [No source is named for this chapter reference.] - The Island City mill, built in 1871 by Caviness and Sterling, was the beginning of the town of Island City. Later Pioneer Flouring Mill Company took control of the milling business in Union County drawing up papers in 1896 with capital stock in the company at $20,000. The Island City Mercantile & Mining company was organized by Charles Goodnough in 1884."
(c)Eastern Oregon University. This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/). Acknowledgement of Eastern Oregon University as a source is required. For print quality images, prints, or high resolution tiff files, or commercial uses please contact the Library Director at Eastern Oregon University.