La Grande, Cast Iron Mary 1
"'Cast Iron Mary' - symbol of sobriety, located at 4th and Depot Streets in La Grande, Oregon. It was erected in 1904 and demolished April 29, 1922 by a notorious bootlegger in a high-speed chase with police."
Helten, Paula (curator)
(c)Eastern Oregon University. This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/). Acknowledgement of Eastern Oregon University as a source is required. For print quality images, prints, or high resolution tiff files, or commercial uses please contact the Library Director at Eastern Oregon University.
La Grande, OR