Elgin, Street Scene 1
City & town halls
Stores & shops
Raney, C. A.
"Street scene - east-side 7th Ave. S. between Division and Alder Sts. - Elgin, Oregon - June 16 to July 3, 1914 - From left to right: Jail [wood shack looking building], whorehouse [Large, white facade with two small windows on either side of the door. Possibly closed by this time.], Barnes & Son Garage [Was originally the City Hall and Fire Station. Also, the upstairs was often used for school classes. (It was built in 1898 by C.A. Raney, who contracted for the job in Sept. 1897.) The last two buildings are not identified positively.]"
(c)Eastern Oregon University. This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/). Acknowledgement of Eastern Oregon University as a source is required. For print quality images, prints, or high resolution tiff files, or commercial uses please contact the Library Director at Eastern Oregon University.