La Grande, Elevated View 1

http://archives.library.eou.edu/images/2010.15.00085.jpg

Item Details

Title

La Grande, Elevated View 1

Subject

Business
Churches
Cities & towns
Flagpoles
Homes
Houses
Mountains
Hug, Bernal D.

Description

"La Grande, 1887. Looking north on 4th Street from the brow of a hill. Mt. Emily is in the background. The Episcopal Church in the center foreground had just been moved from Old Town, La Grande. The flagpole behind the church is on City Hall which was later the site of the public library in 1980." [See: "History of Union County, Oregon" (page 200), edited and compiled by Bernal D. Hug.]

Creator

Anonymous

Date

1887

Contributor

Helten, Paula (curator)

Rights

(c)Eastern Oregon University. This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/). Acknowledgement of Eastern Oregon University as a source is required. For print quality images, prints, or high resolution tiff files, or commercial uses please contact the Library Director at Eastern Oregon University.

Identifier

2010.15.00085

Spatial Coverage

La Grande, OR

Position: 2810 (3 views)