La Grande, Blue Mt. University
Universities & colleges
Hug, Bernal D.
"Blue Mountain University, La Grande, Oregon - circa winter 1884/85 - It was built in 1875 at a cost of $18,000, donated by the pioneers. It opened that year in December. It officially closed in June, 1884. Picture taken after closure and removal of front steps. It was torn down in 1899 and some of the bricks were used in the old Central School, now the Junior High School at 4th and K streets." [Photograph used in "History of Union County, Oregon" (page 197), edited and compiled by Bernal D. Hug.]
Helten, Paula (curator)
(c)Eastern Oregon University. This image is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution - Noncommercial - No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/3.0/us/). Acknowledgement of Eastern Oregon University as a source is required. For print quality images, prints, or high resolution tiff files, or commercial uses please contact the Library Director at Eastern Oregon University.
La Grande, OR
Williamson Family Collection (copy courtesy of Dr. C. L. Gilstrap)
Position: 611 (4 views)